Jul 31, 2014

Our next adventure begins - San Diego or Bust!

Head West Young Man is a phrase I've heard and planned to live by most of my adult life. I always intended to follow that advise and explore the western US, but somehow life got in the way.

Returning to the DC area in 1989 after a year abroad I had no idea I'd stay for more than two decades, find my love, raise a family and build a career. But that is exactly what happened and I had no plans to uproot the family to pursue that fading dream. We were so happy in Falls Church City...our roots were growing deep.

But then life got in the way again. Amelia's migraines had gotten so bad over the past few years that she was missing so much school and life that we had to try something. Drugs, diet change and other protocols weren't working. And then my company opened a new office in San Diego and my boss was supportive of the idea of trying a change of environment. So here we go! We've bit the bullet, packed our gear and are headed west.

No comments: