Jan 29, 2010

What was in that wine?

Adventures in the Northland of New Zealand. I'm up early after a long drive to Russell in the Bay of Islands. Its a lovely little town frequented by all sorts of travelers and holiday takers from countries far and wide. Russell was the first permenant European outpost in New Zealand established in the 1870s. Russell soon became a rough and tumble port of call to all sorts of ne'r do wells, pirates and of course missionaries. The printing press and bindery that the missionaries used to mass produce Bibles for the Mauri natives is on our tour for this afternoon.

For now I'm contemplating pink sheep while I prep the family for a half day boat trip in the Bay of Islands where we plan to swim with dolphins, cruise through some natural bridge called the hole in the wall and generally soak in the essence of New Zealand's northland.

Paul
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Paul and Family,

Sounds like your adventure is off to a great start. COld and miserable in VA with 3-5 inches of snow expected.

So what is it with the pink sheep? Are they for pink sweaters?

Finished my first week in Louisville... had a great time... I missed being away from the family but I really think I am going to enjoy this job.

stay safe!

Peter